NewAir AC-12000E 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
The folks at Air & Water recently sent me a cool new portable air conditioner to test and review. The NewAir AC-12000E is a portable room air conditioner that uses environmentally friendlier R-410A refrigerant and boasts auto-evaporative technology.
The timing was perfect as I’m in the middle of building a new workshop at home and there’s no A/C available from the main house. This portable air conditioner is a great solution for the new shop!
- Product Dimensions: 14.37″ (L) x 15.55″ (W) x 29.33 (H)
- Product Weight: 59 pounds
- Product Color: Silver
- Applications: Medium-size bedrooms, dens, dorm rooms or home offices
- Recommended Room Size: 300 to 425 square feet
- Cooling Capacity: 12,000 BTUs
- Power Consumption for Cooling: 1166W / 11A
- Air Volume (on Maximum Speed): 470m3/h
- Dehumidification Capacity: 1.2L/hour
- Voltage/Frequency: 115V, 60Hz
- Compressor Type: Rotary
- Refrigerant Type: R-410A
- Number of Fan Speeds: 2
- Timer: 1-24 hours
- Working Temperatures: 64 – 90° F
- Exhaust Pipe Dimensions: 5″ x 59.06″
- Control Type: Electronic with remote
- Window Kit Material: Plastic
- EER: 10.2
- Certifications: ETL-listed
- Warranty: 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- R-410A refrigerant results in low energy consumption and increased AC performance
- Built-in dehumidifier offers increased comfort and helps prevent mold and mildew growth
- Keeps medium sized rooms and offices cool and comfortable
- Requires no permanent installation – window kit sets up in minutes
My Thoughts On The NewAir AC-12000E Portable Air Conditioner
As I said in the opening I’m in the process of building a new workshop located over the garage in our home. The attic space above the garage is very warm in the summer so having an air conditioner is a really important necessity for the space. The new shop is about 375 sq. ft with only one window at the far end of the space.
The NewAir AC-12000E is really easy to set-up and get running. It took me about 10 minutes to un-pack the unit and set it up in the new shop. The unit can be vented in one of two ways. You can use the window kit that I used shown in the photo above or you can connect the 5″ diameter vent hose to a louvered vent. It plugs directly into any regular 15A or 20A residential outlet.
Another set-up consideration is condensation produced by the air conditioner. Window units are never a problem as they just drip outside the window but these portable units don’t have that luxury. The AC-12000E can deal with condensation in two ways. The unit can collect the condensate in an internal tank or you can pipe it outside. If you use the internal tank the unit will operate until the tank is full at which time it will shut down until you empty the tank.
This unit does a wonderful job quickly cooling down my shop. It has a nice built-in thermostat so you can set the room temperature and it automatically switches between fan and A/C mode. The unit does come with a remote control if you want to control it from across the room which is also a nice feature especially if you install it in a bedroom or living room and want to control it from the bed or couch.
The controls are really easy to use. You control the temperature, fan vs A/C, even set a timer to have the unit turn off after a certain amount of time. This unit definitely offers lots of great features and versatility.
Overall I really like the NewAir AC-12000E portable air conditioner. It’s really easy to set-up, it cools really well and it’s relatively quiet. If you’re looking for a portable air conditioner I’d recommend you give the NewAir AC-12000E a chance. I think you’ll be very pleased with it’s features and performance.
You can buy the NewAir AC-12000E from Air & Water Inc. at this LINK.